One of the best style decisions I made was to choose a signature color palette and stick to it. Despite that, a simplified palette isn’t for everyone.
Instead of taking twenty minutes to try on various items in the hopes of putting something together, I can reach for favorites and have an outfit assembled by the time I’ve drank my coffee.
1. Start with an honest assessment of your closet.
2. Pull out all of the pieces that you’ve worn regularly in the last 6 weeks.
3. Count the number of colors in your “regulars” pile: aim for 2 neutrals and 2 colors.
3a. If you find yourself with too many colors…
3b. If you find yourself with too few…
5. On to the fun part: take out everything that’s outside of your core chosen colors, and box it up
6. From here on, only buy items that fall within your color palette.
7. If you did decide to box everything up, give yourself 30 days with your new streamlined palette.
Image via Ivana Carpio of Love Aesthetics.